9.04.2007

Bumbershoot

Bumbershoot was this weekend. I went on Saturday. Here is a list of bands I saw.

The Avett Brothers - Bluegrass Punk. These guys started out calm for a few songs, twanging on their banjo and upright bass. Then they started screaming and all the old people left.
Gogol Bordello - Gypsy Punk. These guys had tons of fans in attendance. I watched them while eating Chicken Tikka Masala behind their stage. The music was okay but the chicken was delicious.
Devotchka - Gypsy Pop. I have most of their albums. I didn't hear anything I hadn't heard before.
Saturday Knights - Not everyone can be the Beastie Boys. These guys look like they have fun trying, though.
Aqueduct - These guys were having a ton of fun on stage. The crowd was really into them. In terms of music I'd never heard before these guys win first prize.

I wanted to go saturday to see The Damnwells and Wu Tang Clan, but I stayed home and painted baseboard and window trim instead.

Wednesday Commute: Bike to work. Bus home
Wednesday Exercise: 19 miles biking

Thursday Commute: Bus to work. Bus and Bike home
Thursday Exercise: 5 miles

Friday Commute: Bike to work. Bus and Bike home
Friday Exercise: 25 miles biking

Saturday Exercise: 9 miles running

Sunday Exercise: None

Monday Commute: Holiday
Monday Exercise: None

No comments: