9.18.2007

Drake's Revenge

I've recently acquired a Drake in EVE. It's the first ship I've kitted out as a passive shield tanker and I'm loving it. I was doing quick level 2 combat missions in my caracal before, but now I've upgraded to level 3. I can finish them in the same time as the level 2s but the loot and rewards are much better. My only peeve is that it's very slow. Cleaning and salvaging the loot drops takes a good long time.

Here's the Drake Loadout:
High Slots: 7 Heavy Missile Launchers, 1 Salvager
Mid Slots: 4 Large Shield Extenders, 2 Shield Rechargers
Low Slots: 2 Shield Power Relays, 2 Power Diagnostic Systems

All the gear is basic Tech 1 stuff or some version of cheap upgraded tech 1. I'll upgrade as I find better loot in the missions I'm running. I doubt I'll buy any tech 2 gear since I just don't think it makes enough of a difference when running missions to justify a ten-thousand percent increase in cost. Those millions I'm saving can go towards getting me a Nighthawk.

No comments: