10.12.2007

Weekend in Seattle

Recommended outings in Seattle for the weekend of October 12, 2007. Listed in order of what shows are closing first.

RoqLaRue opening on Friday. Depending on who shows up there could be sushi afterwards.

Mike Daisey will be performing at Hugo House tonight (Friday) only. I've been to a few of Daisey's monologues. He's self-deprecating, informative and interesting. I can't speak to the other people who are also presenting, but Mike Daisey alone should be enough to bring you in.

Theatre Off Jackson is putting on a Halloween show featuring Dracula. Puppets mixed (if I'm reading it right) with live actors.

5/10K Dawg Dash. 9:30 at the Husky Stadium. Sunday.

Kung Fu Grindhouse at the Sunset Tavern in Ballard. Go there. Watch Drunken Master. Drink Greyhounds.

The Latest H.P. Lovecraft stories open at Open Circle Theatre. I've gone the last two or three years and it never fails to entertain. Great for mythos fans anywhere. I'll likely be going closer to Halloween itself instead of this weekend, but its highly recommended. Open Circle is also near 13 coins, which is great for a post-show meal.

If you've never seen Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, the Taproot Theatre is putting it on. It's fucking hilarious and while I don't have any specific information on this production, I can't imagine a way to completely ruin the script.

HUG at the Frye Art Museum. I went to see this a couple weekends ago. It's got some neat stuff, and the other shows on display at the Frye are interesting, too. The pseudo-cubist stuff was neat, and since I'd never been there before I fell in love with a girl in a painting in the permanent collection.

No comments: