7.10.2007

Easing in to it

Since I'm just starting out on my bike to work gig I'm trying to ease myself into it. I'm making sure I don't try biking to and from work on the same day until I've got a couple of hundred miles under my belt (and some bike shorts around my waist. My butt's killing me). So far this is working out pretty well.

The thing I have yet to figure out is how to stop taking so much stuff. I'm packing a giant REI backpack full of clothes and books and shoes to work every day. I'm in desperate need of some better planning in this department.

Tomorrow ends the weight loss contest we've been having at work.

Monday's Commute: Bike to work in the morning. Ride home from an out of town friend around midnight.
Monday's Exercise: 19 miles biking.

Tuesday's Commute: Bus in the morning. Bike home in the evening.
Tuesday's Exercise: 5 miles running, 19 miles biking.

No comments: