8.04.2007

It's A Nice Day

A friend is getting married today. I'll be driving my rented Yaris to the ceremony and reception. The Yaris looks almost exactly like a Prius, but without all the fancy hybrid insides. Still claim about thirty-five to forty miles per gallon, though. This is pretty good since the Prius I had never really got better than forty-five, and the 2007 Yaris is five grand less than I paid in 2005 for a 2002 Prius.

I remember a year ago they were marketing the Yaris pretty heavily to the hipster crowd. They had a craft fair sort of thing you could go to and some lady would show you how to embroider your T-Shirt.

Also, the Blue Angels were booming along overhead today. Thanks, Seafair!

P.S. I do not like Seafair. It is mainly a celebration of why the rest of the world does not like the United States.

Thursday Commute: Bus to work, ride home from friend
Thursday Exercise: None

Friday Commute: Bike to work. Rental car home.
Friday Exercise: 19 miles bike, 4 miles running.

No comments: