11.27.2006

North Idaho and Snow

I had a lovely visit to Sandpoint. There was a two-turkey thanksgiving dinner that brought my personal holiday turkey count to three. Lots of food and visiting. I got to see the downtown area. It has changed quite dramatically from when I was there over a decade ago. It was also helpful to have a tour guide that grew up in the town.
Just a few days before leaving it started to snow. It was still snowing when the train pulled out of the station and headed back to Seattle. It snowed all the way from Sandpoint to Seattle. Once we were finally in Seattle proper it stopped snowing. Then it started snowing. Now there is an inch of snow on the ground. Snow provides the opportunity to be simultaneously subjected to the two worst states of being: cold and wet.
Tomorrow I have a load of lumber to recycle. With only three days left in the month, I'm worried that I won't be able to reach the three hundred pound mark.

No comments: