11.03.2006

SOTA payments

It seems that the curse of the PC is again upon me. Every few years I try to eke out another little bit of life from my desktop. Memory is upgraded. Hard disks are expanded. Maybe I try to get that horrible rattling sound to stop by opening up the case and blowing the dust around. This comes as no suprise. It is not some great revelation. Everyone is familiar with the process. Today I made the trek to my electronics purveyor of choice and acquired the bleeding edge in video card technology. Tomorrow I will return to said purveyor to purchase a five dollar bit of metal and plastic that will allow me to shoehorn the bleeding edge into my obsolete one year old machine.
Work continues apace on my programming projects. This is not a terribly exciting bit of news but it did consume a fair portion of my day.
I discovered Snohomish! A coworker and friend of a friend live there and I joined them for a lovely dinner and some lively conversation. I am fairly certain everyone had a good time. Especially the little girls who ate halloween candy and used a stranger's presence as an excuse to stay up two hours past their bedtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are using your vacation to visit all the little towns around Seattle one by one. A lofty goal, my friend.