11.21.2006

Raw Fish

Sushi is not is readily available in Idaho. Sure there are some upscale places in the major population center where a craving for raw fish can be satisfied. In Boise these places are few and position themselves as wild and exotic. Contrast this with Seattle where the streets are practically paved with tuna and albacore. I suppose my disappointment in Idaho's lack of priorities in this area put me in the liberal elite category. Always part of the problem, never part of the solution. If I really cared I would buy salmon at the market and ship it to ranchers in Pocatello.
It was a low key day that I eased into with a bit of drum practice on my snooze button. I finally pulled myself out of bed and snored my way through a workout at the gym. It was an unusually warm morning and I should have gone running. I Ran some errands in Redmond then topped the day off with a boatload of sushi.
Another twenty pounds of flotsam was removed. Among the items donated or thrown away: A few hundred feet of ethernet cable and phone cord, two(2) five year old DSL modems and half a dozen playstation 2 games. One of the benefits of disposing of so much stuff is the free closet space that is created. I was able to reorganize and piles of stuff left the office floor and is out of sight behind closed doors.
Two hundred twenty pounds down and eighty pounds to go.

No comments: