11.19.2006

Parental Visitation

I just arrived in Seattle, back from visiting my parents. It was too short of a visit to have done anything terribly exciting. Boise is colder than Seattle this time of year, so there was not much that I would have wanted to do outside the house. Still, we were all able to amuse ourselves and enjoy each others company. We played Scrabble and walked around downtown browsing the shops. Of course we also had copious amounts of food. Thanksgiving was even moved to today so we could enjoy it with each other. Before boarding the plane we feasted on turkey, green beans, stuffing, mashed potatoes and chocolate chip cookies.
My nephew was with us the whole time. I see him only when I see my parents and so it is interesting to note his developmental changes between visits. This time he was walking and talking and had excellent comprehension. I wonder if each incremental change is noticable to those who are around him all the time or if I notice them more because there are such larger gaps between visits.
Tomorrow should be a busy day full of errands and packing as preparations are made for the next trip.

No comments: